Saturday, March 9, 2013

FLORAL HAPPINESS



Welcome to our March Stamp of the Month blog hop!  This months stamp set from Close To My Heart is Floral Happiness and is available exclusively through your Close To My Heart consultant March 1st - 31st, 2013.  You can purchase this stamp set for only $5 with a qualifying purchase.  



If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Lucy's blog Love 2 Create.  If you came from Traci's blog Paper Crafting 101 then you are in the right place.


I made a beautiful card for a special friend.  I decided to make my card using a design from Jeanette R. Lynton's "Wishes" card program.  I chose "Sentiment Wave" on page 118.  



Supplies Needed:
Cardstock:  Kraft PaperCocoa

I chose the bamboo polka dot paper from the Claire paper pack.  I chose this paper so the flowers would have a "faint" polka dot background.  This is the only piece I used from this paper pack, so an easy substitution would be plain White Daisy cardstock.  I used Bamboo ink for the base stamp of the flower.  I used Cocoa ink for the 2nd step stamp.  



I then re-inked the 2nd step stamp with VersaMark and sprinkled with Prisma Glitter.  I liked the looks of the glitter on the flower, but it came off pretty easy.  I realized VersaMark was not the smartest thing to use to adhere glitter.  Sooooo, I decided to get out the Craft Heater to help adhere it to the paper.  I started to experiment and continued to heat the glitter until it lost its "glitz".  What was the end product?  I was so surprised and excited with the result.  Did you now if you "bake" ...actually I "fried" it...the prisma glitter to paper it leaves a texture that almost feels like velvet.  I think it turned out pretty cool!  And it kept the brown color for just the right shade of "milk chocolate" on my flowers.  Warning:  I tried with other colors and when you "fry" it...it still has a brown tone to it.  So this technique is best if using chocolate/brown colors.  



I used the same polka dot paper with Honey ink for the first step stamp.  Then topped it with Autumn Terracotta.  I used Star Dust Glitz and went over all the areas from the second step stamp.  Allow plenty of time to dry.  I put on a pretty thick "bead" so it would have a high raised texture.

I used New England Ivy for the leaves.

I inked all the edges of the brown flowers and all cardstock with Cocoa ink and a sponge dauber.  I inked the edge of the yellow flower with Autumn Terracotta ink.

I think my favorite part of the card is the "velvet texture" I found I could make with glitter.  




Your next stop on your "Floral Happiness" hop is Michelle's blog at My Creations with Michelle.  

Below is a complete line-up of our hoppers in case you got lost along the way.

Lucy ~ Love 2 Create
Darla ~ Caution: Crafting is Contagious
Amber ~ Scrapper's Therapy
Jennifer ~ 4 Hearts Scrapbooking
Priscilla ~ Priscilla's Paperie
Theo ~ Celebrate Crafts
Traci ~ Paper Crafting 101
Jane ~ Jane's Scrap Shack
Michelle ~ My Creations with Michelle

Thanks for hopping by.  We hope we were able to inspire you!
Happy Scrapping!
Jane



7 comments:

  1. Great card, sometimes mistakes turn out pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to get to use the Buzz and Bumble B & T Papers!! This just makes me want to pull them out right now and get a jump start on using them. This card is lovely, so much detailed elements you have done!! Quite exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty. Thanks for the glitter tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is beautiful! Love your experiment with the glitter! The colors work so well together. Thanks for sharing your technique! :)

    ReplyDelete